Skip to content
- Your GM frames the contest.
- You choose a tactic, and figure your PC’s target number (TN) using the rating and any modifiers. The PCs TN is the rating of their ability, plus or minus modifiers the GM may give you.
- Your GM determines the resistance. If two PCs contend, your opponent figures their TN as described in step 2.
- Roll a D20 to determine your success or failure, then apply any bumps. Your GM does the same for the resistance. Compare your rolled number with your TN to see how well you succeeded or failed with your ability. Remember to apply any bumps from masteries or hero points.
- Determine victory or defeat
- Describe the outcome based on the story obstacle.